Chair Hardware-Oriented Technical Computer Science
Welcome at chair Hardware-Oriented Technical Computer Science.
The chair Hardware-Oriented Technical Computer Science researches new architectural concepts for the realization of runtime-adaptive, performance- and energy efficient digital systems. Both dedicated hardware accelerators in the basis of dynamical reconfigurable FPGAs and combined hardware/software systems are considered. Applications from embedded systems and high performance computing are of interest, since their contradicting requirements on energy efficiency, flexibility, performance, and size prohibit a realization with traditional hardware- and software solutions. Of special interest are database systems, sensor fusion in medical context, and electronic image correction.
- On-chip interconnect architectures, especially Network-on-Chip (NoC)
- Runtime-adaptive (hybrid) hardware/software systems
- Partial reconfiguration of FPGAs
- Hardware acceleration of database systems
- Processing of multimodal data for human computer interaction
Please select one of the following points: